February 13, 2012
VIDEO: Buildex Vancouver Construction Keynote Panel
In what has become a Buildex Vancouver tradition, Keith Sashaw, the president of the Vancouver Regional Construction Association, moderated the annual Construction Keynote panel, featuring a cross-section of the best minds in the construction industry.
The panelists for the keynote were Roger Bayley of Roger Bayley Inc, Mark Casaletto, managing director of Reed Construction Data Canada, Sarah Clark, the president and CEO of Partnerships BC, Dee Miller, the vice-president of finance and administration of JJM Construction and Chair of the Canadian Construction Association, and Don Nishimura, the president and CEO of Scott Construction and the incoming president of the VRCA.
Topics covered included procurement, shifting demographics, labour shortages and foreign investment.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 340 projects with a total value of $17,600,387,682 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$12,000,000,000 Hardisty AB Prebid
$3,200,000,000 Province of Alberta AB Prebid
$120,000,000 Tsawwassen BC Negotiated
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- New changes will strengthen the culture
- Highway projects completed for 2013
- Lack of established areas driving up home prices
- Auto association pushes for dedicated funding
- New airport construction breaks ground
- U.S. manufacturing sector rising at a quick pace
- Oil projects help to lower deficit